3.1: Perform SWOT Analysis of Technology (Individual Project — Part 5)
In this Assignment you will complete a SWOT analysis on the technology portfolio of your organization in relation to the competitive forces discussed in the previous Module.
- Hackbarth, G., & Kettinger, W. J. (2000). Building an e-business strategy. In Information Systems Management, 17(3), 78-93.(Jones e-global library®: Business Source Premier)
This article describes a four-stage methodology that makes use of SWOT analysis for e-business transformation. The article sections “STAGE II: DIAGNOSIS” and “STAGE III: BREAKOUT” (pp. 83-90) are required.
The following resources are provided in case your feel you require additional background information and/or examples.
- QuickMBA (2004). The SWOT analysis.
A quick, general overview of SWOT analysis.
- A SWOT analysis example of an imaginary scenario in which a manufacturer considers distributing its own products.
- Review the individual project Assignments completed to date. Consider how the competitive forces evaluation coupled with the value chain analysis and technology audit have created a basis for understanding how to successfully introduce a technology initiative to your organization.
- Use the 5 steps for conducting a SWOT analysis in Theme 1 as guidance to complete the section “SWOT analysis” in the project plan template document.
- Post this section of your project to the course Forum.
Note that in Module 7 you’ll compile this and the other sections of the project plan into a single, coherent proposal. By then you’ll have a more comprehensive understanding of how the work done in this Module fits into the bigger picture, and can revise accordingly.