Assignment 2: Finding the Main Idea and Creating a Response to It
Main ideas and thesis sentences are really two sides of the same coin. Writers create thesis sentences. Readers pick out the main idea from what they read, which is usually the thesis sentence of the writer.
Locate one additional article related to one of this week’s case study topics, other than the one you used in Week 1 Discussion.
- Complete the Source Quality Rating Document found in the Week 1 Learning Resources.
- Determine the main idea of the article. What is the author arguing?
- After you have determined the main idea of the article, craft your own thesis in response to the article's main idea. You may create a thesis statement which agrees with the article's main idea, or you may create a thesis statement which disagrees with the article's main idea.
- Once you have created your own thesis statement, develop a full sentence outline which supports your thesis.
- Please see the sample Week 1 Assignment 2 document, located in the Week 1 Learning Resources. This document shows the required elements of this assignment.
- Be sure to provide attribution, using APA formatting, for any sources used.
- Create one document that includes:
- The thesis statement and outline you created
- Your completed Source Quality Rating document
- I HAVE CHOSEN CODE ETHICS CASE STUDY NEW DRUG NEW DOLLARS
ALSO A SEPRATE ASSIGNMENT IS ALSO DUE
Assignment 3: Case Study Selection
By Day 7
Select one of the three case studies introduced in Week 1 to be the focus of your Final Project. The Final Project will be a persuasive essay that is 5 pages in length. Going forward, you will focus all of your attention on your chosen case study. Therefore, it is important to choose the one that interests you the most.
Note: This Assignment is ungraded and you will not submit anything, but it is required, as it is necessary for you to begin working on your Final Project.