In a 2 page paper answer the following questions (See attachment for detail instructions):
* 3-4 reference. Do not use Wikipedia.
* APA conventions for citing
* No plagiarism
* 48 hours
Week 2 Assignment:
Investment and ROI
During this week we will evaluate the concept of treating human resource management processes, practices, and procedures from a strategic point of view. The skills and knowledge possessed by individuals can be valuable assets to any organization and should be treated as such. Organizations should understand how to value/measure and manage from an investment point of view all as-sets, including those related to their employees. However, many factors can influence the in-vestment orientation of an organization. Understanding the risks and benefits to the organization of investing in human capital is of great importance.
Review additional Resources:
· HTP – see pdf
· Performance Consulting Chapter 3 – see word.doc
Mello, J. (2015). Strategic Human Resources Management (4th edition). South-Western, Cengage Learning ISBN: 9781285426792
In a 2-page minimum paper, answer one the following questions:
You have been asked to assess the interface for company XYZ’s online job bank and resume submission function. You have limited information; however, you do know that:
o HR is overwhelmed with the number of resume submissions.
o Internal users complain that their applications disappear into never-never land –and that they never hear back about whether they were considered for the position.
o A few external users call HR to ask how to send a resume directly since the online system will not accept their resume.
o The niece of the current Chief Executive Officer visited the site and complained about how frumpy and tired the site was and stated this was a real turn-off.
Understanding and measuring human capital in an organization is a critical component which requires an investment perspective of human resource management.
· You have assumed a new leadership role in Company XYZ.
· Your first assignment is to evaluate the current HR initiatives in your current role.
· Knowing that employees are both a significant resources and significant cost for an organization, this employee contributions to the bottom line must be measured.
· Provide a detailed approach you would take in your new role to accomplish this task.
· 3-4 reference. Do not use Wikipedia.
· APA conventions for citing
· No plagiarism
eBook: Strategic Human Resource Management