1)Discussion: This week we discuss an important aspect of information technology: ethics. Please describe the term information system ethics and note some of the principles a company can establish to ensure they are acting ethically within their information systems.
2)This is a required assignment worth 15 points (15-points/1000-points). Assignment must be submitted by the due date. No late assignments are allowed. Please discuss the following topics and provide substantive comments to at least two other posts.
Select from the following list four (4) topics and discuss. Use only 50-words max per topic to discuss and present your answer.
The discussion questions this week are from Chapter’s 12-13 (Jamsa, 2013).
Chapter 12 topics:
- Discuss key items that should be included in an SLA.
- Define predictive analytics and discuss how an IT manager might use such analytics.
- Discuss how an IT manager might use load testing on a site.
- Define and discuss vendor lock-in and identify steps a company should take to mitigate this risk.
- With respect to cloud-based solutions, list and discuss 5 to 10 operations or tasks an IT manager should oversee.
Chapter 13 topics:
- List and describe common system requirements one should consider before moving an application to the cloud.
- Discuss why a company should consider using a consultant to oversee a cloud migration and list specific skills you would expect the consultant to have.
- List and discuss resource utilization characteristics one should monitor for an application prior to moving the application to the cloud.
- List possible training requirements for an SaaS solution integration, a PaaS application migration, and an IaaS application migration.
- List and describe budget considerations one should evaluate before moving an application to the cloud.
- List and describe IT governance considerations one should evaluate before moving an application to the cloud.
- Define and describe cloud bursting.