Identify a significant stakeholder in the U.S. health care system, contact him or her, and arrange and conduct an interview in person, over the phone, or by email. This stakeholder may be a physician, a nurse practitioner, a health insurance executive, a politician, a Human Resources manager at a company, or a consumer with significant knowledge of or experience with the health care system. During the interview, pose the following questions (you may ask additional questions, if you have time):
- What do you consider the major issues with the U.S. health care system today?
- How effective has the Affordable Care Act been in addressing these problems in the last 5 years?
- What major trends do you see occurring in the health care system in the next 5 to 10 years?
- What do you feel is the role of the federal government in managing health care in the next 5 years?
- What do you consider your role to be in improving health and health care?
Write up and submit a transcript of the interview to your instructor. Include a short biography on the person you interviewed.