Current performance management plan-
- Employees will receive a review once per year and this will be provided by your immediate supervisor. These meetings are usually 15 minutes in length with the supervisor reading over a 2 page document with assessment happening within the last two weeks. The rating scale that is used is a Likert scale of 1 to 5 with a majority of staff receiving a 3 with no mention on how to improve. There is no clear understanding of what it takes to get a 4 or 5. In fact, a 4 or 5 are considered myth by some staff. For poor performance, the staff is provided a written warning which is usually not followed up with unless something happens that breaks organizational rules and ethics.
Product/Performance and Purpose:
- This presentation should be 12 to 15 slides in length
- You will address:
- The nature of performance management and why it is important.
- Identify and develop measurement for employee’s appraisals. Explain why this would be beneficial for this department.
- Identify who will conduct these appraisals and the frequency. Provide a reason why you selected that frequency.
- What kind of training will be involved for the line managers conducting these appraisals and how will this be created? Explain the importance of well-constructed training program.
- Potential outcomes and solutions with the adopted PMS.
- Use at least three outside sources
- Because good presentations have few words on the slides, submit a script for each slide using Microsoft Word or Open Office Write