Introduction to Oceanography Semester Project
You have worked very hard learning the more about the field of Oceanography so far this semester. Its time to apply that knowledge into a more creatively-focused assignment. For your semester project, you will be creating an infographic on a topic of your choice. Infographics are a mixture of text and images that are designed to educate people on a particular topic, but in a visually appealing manner. The must be visually attractive and easy to interpret/understand.
- Choose one oceanographic topic related to something we have/will discuss in class. the topic you can pick from are waves and tides or ocean and atmosphere interactions. The more specific your topic, the easier this project will be.
- Research this topic IN DEPTH. Keep track of your references. These references MUST be credible (Example: Wikipedia is not a credible source)
- Design and create an infographic that would teach someone with no prior knowledge about this topic. Include in the infographic: some written information, pictures, visual aids, links to informational pages, maps (if applicable) etc. etc.
- Write a 1-page summary that summarizes the research you completed to make your infographic and what you learned about your topic.
- This one-page summary should be no less than 400 words and no more than 550 words.
- Generate a list of credible references you used to understand your topic and create your infographic, formatted in APA or MLA format.
An example of an infographic on overfishing is provided here: