A Company produces tables
For producing one table, we must manufacture and cut (internally) the top (1 m3 wood) and the four legs (0,1 m3 wood each) and for the final assembly we will take these five parts as well 5 screws type A, 10 screws type B and 15 nuts type C per table.
Wood, screws and nuts are bought to an external supplier
1) Describe the BOM
2) Show an MRP for producing 100 tables considering that
a) Delivery time for screws and nuts is one week
b) Deliver time for Wood: 3 weeks
c) Lead time for producing boards and legs is two weeks
d) Final Assembly time: 1 week
e) We must deliver the tables in 6 weeks from now on
CASE PREMIUM PAPER (50%)
Company “Premium Paper” is located near Paris. The design and print paper for furniture applications (usually called melamine paper). Production process consists on printing raw paper. Raw paper is delivered in big rolls (700 Kgs). Production process is done in multi-stage printing machines. Each stage of the machine contains an engraved cylinder and ink. Paper runs on the different stages and the combination of all of them provides the final printed paper.
Set up times in these machines are very long (3/4 hours). This means that every time the process is stopped because of any technical issue, the costs can be enormous.
Premium paper has 6 printing lines (3 “Stoner” Machines , 2 “Rotomec” Machines and 1 “Grimaldi” Machine (the oldest one)
Premium Paper has a highly experienced maintenance team. Every time a machine suffers a breakdown they run and try to fix it as soon as possible. However due to some unexpected failures and lack of spare parts, “Premium Paper” is suffering very serious productivity problems.
· How should you define the maintenance process?
· Which changes should you implement in terms of maintenance?
· Which recommendations should you address to the Top Management with respect the machines park?
· Wordcount: 1.200 words (for the case)
· Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded from the total wordcount.
· Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
· Text alignment: Justified.
· Harvard style in-text citations and bibliography