For this assignment-you are being asked to submit a research based analysis report over a Program Specific Case Study.
The parameters are as follows:
ATTACHED IN THE UPLOADED FILES IS THE CASE STUDY TOPIC**
- You will provide a case study analysis report.
- It must be a minimum of 3,000 words (excluding title page and references).
- It must include a separate title page.
- It must include a separate reference page.
- It must include a minimum of eight scholarly or professional citations written within the last five years.
- At least four of the eight references must originate from peer-reviewed journals.
- Use of the Southwestern College Deets Library is required.
- APA format is required for the case study analysis report
Case Study #3
TXTBOOKRENTAL: Netflix or Blockbuster?
Case Study Location:
Trendowski, J., & Sherman, P. (2014). TXTBOOKRENTAL:NETFLIX OR BLOCKBUSTER? Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies, 20(3), 17-23.
Outcomes Addressed: 1, 2, 4, 5
1. What are five key challenges faced by Alex in his startup of TXTBOOKRENTAL and how did he overcome each of those challenges? Please explain in detail each situation. (Critical Thinking)
1. How did Alex manage his cash flow and credit crises during his startup and how did that impact the success of his company? (Critical Thinking)
1. Did Alex reshape the text book industry? If so, how did he impact the environment and what challenges did he face as the industry evolved? (Leadership)
1. During the time of TXTBOOKRENTAL start-up, new products were introduced changing the industry. Alex’s options are; stay and compete, change his model or get out all together. Compare and contrast all of his options, make a recommendation and support the decision with sufficient reasoning. (Career Preparation, Critical Thinking)