For this essay, you will be addressing how leaders in your current or past organization handle motivation and empowerment. If you do not have a workplace example, you can use a civic, volunteer, or school experience as the basis for your essay.
- Include background information on the organization you are discussing.
- Describe how situational factors, such as the structure, size, environment, and geographic location of the organization, may affect the leaders’ success. [Unit Learning Outcome 3.2]
- Examine the tools and techniques the leaders are currently using to motivate or empower individuals within their organization. [Unit Learning Outcome 3.1]
- Address whether or not these tools and techniques are successful in motivating both you and other employees. Be sure to include examples. [Unit Learning Outcome 3.1]
- Conclude by suggesting improvements that could be made to enhance the leaders’ abilities to motivate and empower. [Unit Learning Outcome 3.1]
Your final essay must be a minimum of two pages, not counting the title and reference pages that are required. Utilize and cite your textbook for support, but you may also use outside scholarly resources. Your essay must follow APA 6th edition format.
Daft, R. L. (with Lane, P. G.). (2018). The leadership experience (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 8: Motivation and Empowerment, pp. 227-250
- Chapter 9: Leadership Communication, pp. 261-283