Individual Assignment: Create a PPT with a stress-reduction plan for a client with one of the following mental health conditions, including coping strategies and community resources.
(Personality disorder, eating disorders, substance abuse, trauma, incarcerated teens, schizophrenia, anxiety, depression, PTSD and neurodegenerative disorders)
Individual Assignment: Nutritional Assessment Reflection after watching nutrition and mental health videos
Vitamin D deficiency and Mental Health articles:
Bottom of Form
RC Robertson, CS Oriach, K Murphy, GM Moloney, JF Cryan, TG Dinan, …
Brain, behavior, and immunity 59, 21-37
MM Pusceddu, YM Nolan, HF Green, RC Robertson, C Stanton, P Kelly, …
International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology 19 (6)
The Role of Nutrition in Mental Health
Nutrition/Dietary Analysis: Gut-Brain Axis and the link to Mental Health
· Understanding the Gut-Brain Axis (Duke University) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oym87kVhqm4
· Dr. Ruairi Robertson PhD, B.SC Food for thought: How your belly controls your brain (TedTalkXFulbright)
· Read the following articles found in the links below:
Food for thought: The role of nutrition in the microbiota-gut- brain axis
C Seira Oriach, RC Robertson, C Stanton, JF Cryan, TG Dinan
Clinical Nutrition Experimenta
Write a ½ page reflection on the importance of assessing nutritional status and nutrient deficiencies in clients with mental health concerns.
· How do the food choices of our patients affect their Mental Health?
· How can nurses use dietary analysis as a tool to better Mental Health patient health outcomes?
· How do we advocate for incarcerated patients to get adequate sun exposure to manufacture Vit D naturally or access to supplementation?
Individual Assignment: Make a personal stress management plan with coping strategies for the quarter and nursing school. Address Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats to success and coping strategies that you plan to use.