Include the following in your presentation. Use the titles below for the headings of each section. The number of slides indicated for each section are suggestions.
- Introduction (1 slide).
- Provide a brief overview of the presentation.
- Intervention Strategies (1 slide).
- Explain the intervention strategies that will be offered at the shelter.
- Synthesis of Literature (2 slides).
- Explain the process of refining a research problem into a measurable research question.
- Provide a synthesis of the best practices literature from the literature review. Be sure to summarize and evaluate the literature and explain the contributions each could make to the proposed study.
- Potential Participants (1 slide).
- Identify the potential research participants, including explanation for the choice.
- Methods (2 slides).
- Explain the methods you would use in your proposed study, including justification.
- Data Collection (2 slides).
- Explain the sources and methods of data collection.
- Data Analysis (2 slides).
- Explain how data will be analyzed.
- Limitations (1 slide).
- Describe any limitations that can be foreseen in the proposed study.
- Dissemination Plan (2 slides).
- Describe the primary audience and dissemination plan for the results.
- Conclusion (1 slide).
- Summarize the proposed study.
- Evaluate the potential for further study of the research problem.
Note: In addition to posting the link to your recording, attach your PowerPoint file with speaker notes to your assignment submission.
Depression in Childhood and Adolescence
Depression and stress is one of the main reasons of sickness burden and incapacity across all age agencies and a great danger thing for suicide, substance abuse and severe social and academic impairments. No matter the fact that youngsters are regularly considered as a healthful population, they look like mainly susceptible to depressive issues. Prevalence fees in early life are low and now not the use of a gender differences after which increase extensively in kids, whilst gender versions emerge. anticipated one year occurrence expenses of unipolar melancholy in mid to late adolescence variety among four–five % and are corresponding to those positioned within the adult populace, at the identical time as the cumulative risk of depression via the prevent of childhood seems to be as excessive as 20 % (Gotlib (2020). during the last many years the prevalence of depression in kids appears to have progressed inside the most latest starting cohorts. even though it is not however clean if that is due to a natural upward push in the superiority of the disease or if it may be as a minimum partially attributed to methodological troubles, the sector health business enterprise reviews a upward thrust in the burden of depression globally and an international health meeting decision known as for a coordinated reaction to intellectual problems at united states of America of the united states degree (Rudolph (2018).The reason of this take a look at is to assess the superiority, social demographic and comorbidity associations of despair signs at the kids and teenagers at the age adolescent. The take a look at additionally ambitions at exploring melancholy enjoy and therapy journey of children at adolescent who suffered depression.
The study aims at answering whether it is true that the rate of depression among children at adolescent is more than 10%. Also the study will answer the question whether depression rate accelerated at adolescent.
The rate of depression among children at adolescent between 10 to 16 years exceeds 10%. Depression rate accelerates more at adolescent than any other age
In order to come up with a clear data on the describing the rate at which children are affected by depression I will conduct the survey among different ages and compare the findings among the groups. Sampling will be conducted among students in all ages in both junior and senior high schools and grades 7 and 8 since they are at the ages that are much affected by depression. The study must be approved by the principle of the chosen schools and participation of students will be voluntary. I intend to involve at least 20 schools from different regions with each school having not more than 250 participants. I intend to use between 4500 to 5000 participants in my study all being between 11- 17 years.
The selected students to participate in the study will be interviewed by our researchers or ought to fill out questionnaires. The privacy of each participant is justified and protected and no participant will be allowed or asked on his or her personal details. Every selected school will have its day of participation and therefore our study will take about a month. The following questions will be in questionnaires for students to assist in the survey: How is your relationship with parents? Very good, Good, Normal, Bad, Very bad) 2. What is your homes financial status? Very wealthy, (Wealthy, Moderate, below average Poor). 3, how often do you feel sad (very often, often, rarely). 4 do you at time regret being born (yes, no), 5 How often do you enjoy your leisure (very often, often, sometimes, rarely) 6, what is your performance in school (excellent, good, average, below average, fail). Through those questions we will be able to get detailed data on student’s level of depression as they are the issues that matters children mostly and affect their moods (Hankin (2017).
The study will be quantitative and only data inform of words that will be obtained in the research. The collected data will be analyzed by grouping it according to likelihood and drawing charts and graphs which will be simpler to interpolate. To come up with confidential results we will use t-test, analysis of variance and chi square to analyze the data and formulate hypothesis.
Purpose of results
The report results will be of much help to parents, teacher’s .motivational speakers all bodies that interact with children and the general public. Upon receiving the results it will be easy for parents, teachers and society to observe their children’s behaviors and realize when they are going through deep thoughts or depression therefore take fast actions. Actions towards the report will help reduce death cases among youths between 14 to 29 years as depression cases are third cause of deaths in that bracket.
For this results to be received by everybody in America we will produce short magazines and give them for free to the public to read, we will also have television forums to discuss the situation so that we can reach a wider range of people who can’t find time to read magazines. Posting the story in newspapers is advisable as many Americans especially those working in offices read newspaper more than watching.
1. Layout, Humphreys, Tracy, Hoffmeister & Gotlib (2020). Meta-analysis: exposure to early life stress and risk for depression in childhood and adolescence. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 847
2. Cohen, Andrews, Davis & Rudolph (2018). Anxiety and depression during childhood and adolescence: Testing theoretical models of continuity and discontinuity. Journal of abnormal child psychology, 1301
3. Haraden, Mullin & Hankin (2017). The relationship between depression and phonotype: A longitudinal assessment during childhood and adolescence. Depression and anxiety, 973