- List the brand name and the type of campaign you have monitored over the past five weeks. (Example: Bed, Bath and Beyond's "email and text message campaign" which I retrieved from my Smartphone, laptop and desktop computer.)
- How often did this brand communicate with you via text and/or email? Several times per day? Once per Day? Twice per Week? (Example: I received one text message per week and about 35 emails over the five-week period. The brand also sent me approximately six direct mail postcards and two “tri-fold” postcards with its 20% off one item incentive.)
- How did the brand speak to you via Text? Email? (Example: 100% of the text messages were SMS formatted meaning, they either included a static promotion of "Use your mobile offer now in-store or online" or they included a specific incentive "Your mobile offer for 20% off 1 item – valid for the next 24 hours – View Http: bedbathmobi./c/b2?p=yaddayaddayadda.” The email content included a lot more enticing incentives, messaging and visuals and always included some Call-to-Action statement such as "Save big online only – $20 off $75 for purchases made tonight". The product selection was not personalized to my “needs and wants.” It always seemed like the brand presented/promoted specific products that were either seasonal or perhaps were overstocks they were trying to move. Lots of linens, curtains, small appliances were 20%-50% off.)
- What could the brand have done to enhance its mobile marketing effort? You should either provide a recommendation for improvement if their mobile efforts were ineffective or a recommendation for expansion if their mobile efforts were effective. Explanations that include key terms/concepts from Chapter 8 "Digital Marketing" and external source support garner higher scores for this assignment.
- The application of sources/citations increase your score significantly. See rubric for details.
|Rubric for Grading Discussion Board Posts|
|Three Levels of Achievement|
|Overall Quality and Substance of Post: Up to 60 Points||The quality and substance of the post is outstanding. At least two additional sources (besides the textbook) are cited and used to support insights. The length is one page; One Peer reply is present with substantive content. Other students will benefit from the content presented. (56 – 60 points)||The quality and substance of the post is good. One other source (besides the textbook) is used to support insights. The length is three-quarters of a page; One peer reply is noted with general comments. This is considered an average level post that meets basic requirements. (51 – 55 points)||The quality and substance of the post is too generalized and reads like definitions of key terms and concepts. No sources are used to support insights; Peer reply is vague or not present. The length is one-half page; Insights are needed and the content requires more development. (41-50 points)||The quality and substance of the post is either poor or there is no submission. No peer reply present. (0 to 40 points)|
|Organization and Identification of key terms and concepts: Up to 30 Points||At least four key terms/concepts are clearly identified in boldface and directly relate to the original post question and to the associated chapter. Excellent organization and topic flow. (26 to 30 points)||At least three key terms/concepts are identified and closely relate to the original post question and to the associated chapter. Good organization and topic flow. (21 to 25 points)||One or two key terms or concepts is identified and somewhat relates to the original post question and to the associated chapter. Organization and topic flow need improvement. (16 to 20 points)||The post includes content that is overgeneralized and does not directly relate to the key terms/concepts presented in the associated chapter. Organization and topic flow need major improvement. (0 to 15 points)|
|Grammar & Writing Mechanics: Up to 10 Points||Formal writing style with excellent syntax, grammar, spelling and word use. No errors noted. (8 to 10 points)||Informal writing style with occasional issues/errors with syntax, grammar, spelling and word use. (6 to 7 points)||Inconsistent writing style; Frequent issues/errors with syntax, grammar, spelling and word use. (4 to 5 points)||Consistently improper syntax, grammar, spelling and word use. Major improvement is needed. (0 to 3 points)|