Discussion about the Triangle Factory fire of 1911 , please take notes on the following:
- Describe the Triangle Factory (what did they produce, who owned the business, what was the building like, etc.)
- Describe the workers of the factory
- Discuss union activity among garment workers and Triangle workers in New York City
- What conditions within the factory contributed to this tragedy?
- How does this story fit within the larger themes of capitalism/social class and gender?
In at least one well developed paragraph, describe the Triangle Factory and the tragedy that occurred on March 25, 1911. What did this story teach you about women workers in the early 20th century? What connections can you draw between the Triangle Factory and your own life?