I had another tutor do this for me and he completely missed the point! My deadline is tomorrow night and I need someone who can do this right in a short amount of time to help me please!
Formative Essay (1,500 words)
Question: In what ways, if any, has mediated globalization challenged identities? Discuss with examples.
**This paper is supposed to focus on the way that mediated globalization challenges identities showing how when globalization is mediated, it affects identities and provide reasons for how this is done.**
This paper needs to be written in MLA format using examples and references from texts and readings (which I will provide). It should be 1,500 words in length including footnotes and excluding references. It should also be appropriately and correctly referenced using a standard bibliographic format. I will provide the lecture slides, my notes as well as multiple readings. Make sure the paragraphs are not a series ofquotations; please paraphrase the work of others.
Argument and understanding
- clearly define any key concepts or theoretical approaches mentioned in the question and include references to authors.
- ensure to address all aspects of the question in an even manner.
- do not feel under pressure to agree with the statement but instead weigh up arguments in favour and against the statement and then adopt a position. One-dimensional arguments are always easy to critique.
- ensure that theory and case/examples are integrated (if applicable to your question).
- explore potential counterarguments or reflect on the limitations of your argument, and then argue why your original position still holds. This adds nuance to your argument, and will make it more difficult to critique your position.
- critical engagement/reflection is important for a distinction.
Use of case studies and examples (does not apply to all questions)
- try as much as possible to use fresh case studies (if applicable to your question) instead of drawing on cases from the compulsory readings.
- If you still decide to use a case from the compulsory readings, then please ensure to do further research on the topic so that your essay does not just replicate what was discussed in class.
- Originality is an important requirement for a distinction.
Organisation of essay
- introduce the topic of your essay as well as the structure in the beginning of your essay. You may also wish to state already what you are going to argue in your essay.
- include a strong conclusion which does not only sum up the key argument of the essay but goes further than that. Step out of your case study and reflect on the broader implications of the points raised (e.g. what does this mean for debates in media and communication studies?) or you can explore potential future areas of research.