- Identify appropriate strategies for different situations (Lo 3.1).
- Understand issues related to strategic competitive advantage in diversified organizations (Lo 2.2)
- Understand the contribution of various functional areas e.g. production, marketing, purchasing and supply management to the overall well-being of the organization (Lo 1.2.)
Read carefully the Mini case N. 33 from your textbook (entitled: Whole Foods Market (2010): How to grow in an increasingly competitive market?) and answer the following questions:
- Explain the contribution of the different functional areas to the overall well-being of Whole foods. (1Mark)
- Describe the growth strategy used by Whole Foods. Is it successful? Justify. (1.5Mark)
- Explain the issues related to strategic competitive advantage of the company. (1.5Mark)
- Suggest some alternatives (at least 3) to Whole Foods in order to reinforce its competitive advantage. (1Mark)