Week 13: Youth Popular Culture, Resistance, Self-Determination and Collective Action
- How does the RAZA studies program connect to the history of schooling for Mexican American students?
- What kind of change has occurred/occur through grassroots organizing?
- How do youth empower themselves?
- Culturally relevant/sustaining pedagogy
- Community cultural wealth
- Funds of knowledge
- Youth Participatory Action Research (YPAR)
- Raza Studies
- Grassroots organizing
CANCELED + Irizarry (2017) “For Us, By Us”: A Vision for Culturally Sustaining Pedagogies Forwarded by Latinx Youth
+ EdWeek Story:
+ Watch Documentary Precious Knowledge (stream through Kanopy) Documentary
+ Watch An Ethnic Studies Program Sued The Lawmakers That Banned It
Assignments due on Wednesday of this week, 11:59 pm.