Overview: In this activity, you will have the opportunity to practice the communication and technical skills needed for your final project. You will create a short PowerPoint presentation with oral narration using the PowerPoint narration tool. This will allow you and your instructor to check that your technology works for the final project, and to troubleshoot any potential difficulties before the project is due. This activity must be submitted in PPT format for your professor to give you feedback on whether your technical components are correct.
Prompt: Choose which variables from Social Cognitive Theory that will best fit with your approach to changing your identified topic.
Then, in a couple of PowerPoint slides, address the following:
· Give some background information about your chosen variables as they relate to your topic.
· Provide two or three recommendations for how to address each variable.
· Explain the strengths of your recommendations and why they would be successful.
· Explain the challenges you would face when implementing your recommendations.
· PowerPoint: Throughout your short PowerPoint presentation, make sure you use effective multimedia and communication skills:
· Include a combination of text, visuals, and audio narration elements that logically flow with your presentation.
· Construct your presentation in a way that ensures the audio and visual elements are logically organized in order to convey your message to your audience.
· Make sure you provide appropriate supporting evidence in your presentation. Include your references in APA or MLA format in an additional slide at the end of your presentation.
NOTE: A headset or external microphone is recommended for better results when recording the oral component of your presentation. However, you can also use the incorporated microphone on your computer or cell phone. Use the Check file compatibility with earlier versions and Are you having video or audio playback issues? resources from Microsoft to help you check compatibility between versions of Office. You may also consider contacting IT Services on campus.
Guidelines for Submission: Your presentation should be 2 to 4 slides and no longer than 4 minutes in length. You are required to include a combination of text, visuals, and sound in order to support your work. Speaker notes are not required. Include at least three sources cited in APA or MLA format. If you require alternative accommodations for completing this assignment, reach out to your instructor directly for more information.