Post Menopausal Sexuality Issues in the Maturing and Older Adult Ageism and gender bias can affect who and how we ask about sexual health, sexual activity, and concerning symptoms. Depending on your own level of comfort and cultural norms this can be a tough conversation for some providers. But this is an important topic and as our videos discussed, women are wanting us to ask about sexual concerns. This week we also reviewed sexually transmitted diseases and the effects of ageism on time to diagnosis so it is necessary to ask these questions and provide good education for all patients. You will not know any needs unless you ask. Discussion Questions: Review the required NAMS videos. What was the most surprising thing you learned about in the videos? Explain why it was surprising. What is GSM? What body systems are involved? How does this affect a woman’s quality of life? What treatment does Dr Shapiro recommend? Review one aspect of treatment that Dr Shapiro recommends and include an EBP journal article or guideline recommendation in addition to referencing the video in your response. Sexuality and the older adult What is your level of comfort in taking a complete sexual history? Is this comfort level different for male or female patients? If so, why? How will this information impact the way you will interact with your mature and elderly clients in the future?
- Final Paper: The final paper should be 8-10 pages , double spaced with one-inch margins and writte
- Wk 3 Discussion 1 – Assessment Types and Applications [due Wednesday] Discussion Topic Due Thursda
- Imagine you have been asked to speak to a group of parents about promoting self-esteem in school-a
- I need a capstone on this topic meeting all of the criteria and literature review from scholarly ar
- 1,case issue: briefly describe what happened and what the problem is. 2) Solutions: please provide