Being a part of a community of learners will help you better manage the workload of this course, and provide an opportunity for deeper learning and networking with peers. You will practice note taking, a skill critical for making sense of what you read, watch, and hear. Work on taking good notes to share with your group, review your group's notes, and reflect upon your practice to keep improving this study strategy.
You will be divided into teams and each team member will be presenting notes on a world event that occurred in the prior week. Every team member will be in charge of covering events from one major region in the world (i.e. East Asia, Europe, Mexico/Latin America, North Africa/Middle East, South Asia/Southeast Asia/Australia, and Sub-Saharan Africa). Each team member must choose a different region. The events can be a national/regional policy change or a corporate event, or other events with international business implications. Each team member is responsible for covering one particular region and relating to one previously discussed course topic. You will give a brief summary of an event that occurred somewhere in the region, mention how this event affects international business and how it relates to a previously covered international business topic.
- You will select one major region in the world (i.e. East Asia, Europe, Mexico/Latin America, North Africa/Middle East, South Asia/Southeast Asia/Australia, and Sub-Saharan Africa). Each team member must choose a different region.
- Find a credible source of article covering a current event in your selected region. Searching for multiple sources of the same event is strongly encouraged. Sometimes you might get insights from opposing views on the same event. (You must include a LINK to your chosen event article)
- Summarize the content of the article(s) by briefing who, what, when, where, and how the event occurs.
- Tell us what your major take-away from the event in terms of how the event impacts international business. Explain WHY this event is important to you, us, and/or the rest of the world.
- Name a course topic that you learned in previous weeks and discuss this previously learned concept has broadened your understanding of the region and event.
- Initial Post: Share your notes in a post.
- Response Posts: Respond to at least one teammate stating what you learned about the region as a result of the posted notes and offering your prediction in terms of what might happen as the result of the current event.
- Topic is East Asia