Read the article “Cleveland Shooting Highlights Facebook’s Responsibility in Policing Depraved Videos” located at http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/cleveland-shooting-highlights-facebook-s-responsibility-policing-depraved-videos-n747306.
Write a 4–5-page paper in which you do the following:
- Discuss whether or not you believe that Facebook has a legal or ethical duty to rescue a crime victim.
- Suggest and elaborate on three ways that social media platforms can be more proactive and thorough with their review of the types of content that appear on their sites.
- Propose two safeguards that Facebook and other social media platforms should put into place to help prevent acts of violence from being broadcasted.
- Conduct some research to determine whether or not Facebook has an Ethics Officer or Oversight Committee. If so, discuss the key functions of these positions. If not, debate on whether or not it should create these roles.
- Propose two changes Facebook should adopt to encourage the ethical use of its platform.
- Use the (Strayer University Library) to locate two quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference, and proprietary websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1-inch margins on all sides; citations and follow the Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
- Analyze the legal standing and situation of a specific business to achieve a defined result.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric: