I’m working on a Social Science test / quiz prep and need support to help me understand better.
- There are several theories that link population to environmental issues. Which one do you agree with most, and why? Explain the theory and tell me why you prefer it.
- Population growth is the main driver of environmental degradation by creating resource scarcity (Malthusian).
- Population growth is an important factor in environmental degradation, but affluence and technology mediate these effects (neo-Malthusian).
- Population growth provides a resource for innovation to deal with resource scarcity (cornucopian/boomster).
- Population is never a problem. The problem is unfettered capitalism and its exploitative character.(marxist)
- Population growth is the result of underdevelopment, rather than the cause (demographic transition theory).