There are a variety of views that postulate the causes of abnormal behavior. To begin this assignment:
- Select a theory from the biological or psychological point of view and use it to describe the cause of an abnormal behavior. Support your discussion of the theory with at least 3 resources, two of them peer-reviewed journal articles.
Potential biological points of view could include:
- Neurotransmitter or hormone imbalance.
- Genetic vulnerabilities.
Potential psychological points of view could include:
- Psychoanalytic theory.
- Ego psychology.
- Objects-relations theory.
- Classical conditioning.
- Instrumental conditioning.
- Humanistic perspective.
- Existential perspective.
- Cognitive-behavioral perspective.
In your paper, you should cover the following:
- Describe your theory in detail and how the theory views behavior in general.
- Explain how your theory describes the cause of your selected abnormal behavior.
- Compare and contrast the point of view you chose with the sociocultural viewpoint.
- How might they view the abnormal behavior similarly?
- How might they view the abnormal behavior differently?
- Describe the benefits or drawbacks to applying multiple theories to defining abnormal behavior.
References should be included and cited. Review the Theories of Abnormal Behavior Scoring Guide, in the resources, prior to submission so that you address all required grading criteria.
- Title page: Include your name, course, date, and instructor.
- Reference: Text book and two peer-reviewed journal articles. Additional references may be used.
- Written communication:Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (sixth edition) style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Submit your paper to the assignment area for grading.