This module covered the following Disability Categories:
- Emotional Disturbance
- Hearing Impairments
- Intellectual Disability
- Multiple Disabilities
For this assignment you will select one of the Disability Categories from this module’s lecture that is NOT from the same Disability Category of your selected exceptional child for your course project and then answer questions about the disability on a worksheet.
To complete this assignment, do the following:
- Research this category(***Intellectual Disability***) in regards to the educational challenges and modifications that can be made. Use 2-3 reputable resources (for example, research journals, articles, or books). You may use your textbook for one of these resources.
- Download and complete the worksheet for this assignment below. As you answer the questions in the worksheet, consider the disability category, the setup of the learning environment, daily schedules, lighting, materials, and/or furniture.
Disability Category Focused on in this Assignment:
Answer the questions below in complete, grammatically correct sentences. Remember to consider the setup of the learning environment, daily schedules, lighting, materials, and/or furniture depending on the disability category.
1. What would you do as an educator to accommodate a child with this disability in a preschool program?
2. What would you do as an educator to accommodate a child with this disability in an infant or toddler program?
3. What would you change in the learning environment to accommodate a preschool child with this disability?
4. What would you change in the learning environment to accommodate an infant or toddler child with this disability?
List your research sources in the References section below. Be sure to format them according to APA guidelines.