Topic: Games convey, contain, and deploy cultural ideas about gender. Agree or Disagree. Justify your answer.
Length : 2500(+-5%) words
This assignment is a research essay of significant length. You MUST use academic refereed reading. You MUST reference correctly. Please obey basic essay structuring rules of introduction, middle and conclusion. Please write in full sentences and paragraphs.
What I am looking for when I mark your paper:
- Accurate use of terms from the unit
- Effective writing and expression
- Reflexive integration of reading and accurate referencing following APA style
- Articulation of a strong argument
1. Nelson, M. Keum, H. and Yaros, R. (2004). Advertainment or adcreep: Game players' attitudes toward advertising and product placement in computer games. Journal of Interactive Advertising, 5(1), pp. 3-31.
2. Seo, Yuri , and Jung, Sang-UkJung. (2016). Beyond Solitary Play in Computer Games: The Social Practices of eSports. Journal of Consumer Culture, November 2016, 16(3), pp. 635-655.
3. Ermi, L. and Mayra, F. (2005). Fundamental components of the gameplay experience: Analysing immersion. Proceedings of DiGRA 2005 Conference: Changing Views – Worlds in Play
4. Jenkins, H. (2004). Game design as narrative architecture, Computer 44(3), 118 – 130.
5. Calleja, G. (2010). Digital games and escapism, Games and Culture 5(4), 335 – 353.
6. Ermi, L. and Mayra, F. (2005). Fundamental components of the gameplay experience: Analysing immersion. Proceedings of DiGRA 2005 Conference: Changing Views – Worlds in Play.
7. Balnaves, M., Willson, M. and Leaver, T. (2012). Entering Farmville: Finding Value in Social Games, in Anyanwu C. and. Green K. and Sykes J. (ed), Communicating Change and Changing Communication in the 21st Century, Australian and New Zealand Communication Association conference, July 4-6 2012.
8. Eklund, L. (2016). Who are the Casual Gamers? Gender Tropes and Tokenism in Game Culture. In Social, Casual and Mobile Games: The Changing Gaming Landscape, Michele Willson and Tama Leaver (eds). Bloomsbury, pp. 15-30.
9. Albarrán-Torres, César. (2016.) Social Casino Apps and Digital Media Practices: New Paradigms of Consumption. In Social, Casual and Mobile Games: The Changing Gaming Landscape, Michele Willson and Tama Leaver (eds). Bloomsbury, pp. 243-259.