You are a drug enforcement agent and have been invited as a guest speaker to explain to a group of high school students how stimulants affect the central nervous system. You will focus on the biological process as it relates to the allure of the stimulant providing a sense of well-being (dopamine).You will use a PowerPoint presentation to explain the central nervous process to the students.Content Requirements:
- Choose a type of stimulant that we have studied in this course (amphetamines, cocaine, alcohol, caffeine)
- Briefly describe the nature of the stimulant. Be sure to include:
- how stimulants enhance mood
- the neurological process as it relates to the Central Nervous System
- its prevalence in our society.
- it’s impact on our society.
- Length: 15 to 20 slides (excluding the cover slide and the reference slide).
- Be sure not to overcrowd your slides with information.
- Be thorough, but also be concise.
- Use bullet points to highlight main points.
- If you use graphics, be sure to condense them, so your presentation is not too large.
- Mechanics: PowerPoint does not require that you write full sentences or paragraphs; in fact, this will detract from your presentation; however, your ideas must flow logically and your points should be presented in a consistent format. Check your spelling and use standard American English.
- You should consult at least three sources in preparing your presentation. Your last slide should be a reference slide following APA format.